From 9 p.m. Monday, March 20, to 5 a.m. Tuesday, March 21, all lanes of Interstate 30 will be closed at Dalrock Road as part of a $142 million project to add frontage roads over Lake Ray Hubbard and rebuild the Dalrock interchange. All traffic will exit at Dalrock. Dalrock will be closed at I-30, however, westbound I-30 traffic will have access to northbound Dalrock.
Check DriveTexas.org for daily lane closures. The Texas Department of Transportation has posted an I-30 Expansion Project Fact Sheet to track updated information on the first phase of work being done on I-30 from Bass Pro Drive in Garland to the east. Estimated completion for the first phase is summer 2024.
Garland Avenue will be shut down between Northwest Highway and Shiloh Road from 9 p.m. Friday, March 24, to 5 a.m. Monday, March 27. The work is part of the $1.7 billion 635 East project to widen and improve I-635 and areas near the freeway's interchange with I-30.
Various lanes of I-635 between Central Expressway and I-30 and various lanes along I-30 near the I-635 interchange are closed overnights through Monday, March 27.
Other 635 East project work impacting Garland includes:
- Eastbound and westbound I-635 between Greenville Avenue and Miller Road are reduced to one lane from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. through the morning of Monday, March 27.
- The entrance to eastbound I-635 from Miller Road will be closed from 9 p.m. Wednesday, March 22, to 5 a.m. Thursday, March 23.
- Northwest Highway is reduced to one lane at I-635 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. through the morning of Sunday, March 26. The exit from eastbound I-635 to Northwest Highway remains closed long-term.
- La Prada Drive is reduced to one lane at I-635 from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. through the morning of Friday, March 24.
- The exit from southbound I-635 to Oates Drive will be closed from 10 p.m. Thursday, March 23, to 5 a.m. Friday, March 24, and from 10 p.m. Friday, March 24, to 5 a.m. Saturday, March 25.
- The connector ramp from eastbound I-30 to northbound I-635 is closed from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. through the morning of Saturday, March 25, and from the evening of Monday, March 27, to the morning of Saturday, April 1.
Text “635 East” to 833-499-6353 to sign up to receive alerts on closures. More information about the project can be found at 635east.com.
All construction is subject to weather conditions.