With our shelter continually being near or at capacity, Animal Services must limit the number of owner surrenders per day. Availability for appointments is often booked months in advance. To make an appointment to surrender your pet, please call 972-205-3570, option 2.
You must be a City of Garland resident with proof of residency and provide a valid state ID or driver's license. There is also a $25 surrender fee due the day of the appointment.
If you are needing to surrender your pet, you must meet the following requirements:
- Proof of residency in the City of Garland
- A valid state photo ID or drivers license
- Schedule an appointment by calling 972-205-3570, option 2
- Provide current medical records of the animal
- Animal must be spayed or neutered and current on age appropriate vaccines prior to the appointment
- $25 surrender fee will need to be paid on the day of the appointment
Animal Services is unable to guarantee adoption for every animal received. We encourage owners to attempt rehoming their pet with someone they know, or through one of the organizations listed below.
Friends of Rescue Animals
Dallas Pets Alive!
Home to Home
Get Your Pet
If you would like to keep your pet but need temporary assistance with pet food and/or veterinary care, please visit https://spca.org/resources/pet-needs/support-to-keep-your-pet/.