Effective August 19, 2009: Banners are permitted throughout the city with a permit.
- Permitted temporary banners may have a maximum sign area equal to the square footage of two times the width of the main entrance of the building or tenant space, but in no case shall the sign area exceed 80 square feet.
- The allowed time period for any individual permit for a temporary banner shall not exceed 60 days.
- The total number of days for which any business at a single location may have a permit for temporary banners shall not exceed 156 days within a twelve-month period.
- Permits may run consecutively; there is no interval between permits required.
Wind Devices, Heavier Than Air Inflatables, Etc.
Such devices are not permitted within approximately one mile of Interstate Highway 30, Interstate Highway 635 (LBJ Freeway), or State Highway 190 (George Bush Freeway/Turnpike) districts.
These devices located in other areas of the city are allowed with a permit.
- Permitted wind devices, heavier than air inflatables, etc, are allowed to be displayed for 60 days and must be taken down for 60 days before applying for another permit (not to exceed three permitted devices in a year).
- All lighter than air devices will be allowed to be ground-mounted; they may not fly/hover above the ground.
- Applicants must provide a drawing showing the entire site of the business (if a shopping center, please provide a drawing of the entire shopping center and isolate your business location) and where the wind device/ground-mounted device is to be displayed (if applicable, showing how many parking spaces will be taken by the device).