What is a LOMA, LOMR, LOMR-F, or CLOMR?

Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA)

LOMA (Letter of Map Amendment) is a letter from the Federal Emergency Management Agency FEMA that a given structure or parcel of property is not within the Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA) as shown on the effective Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM). Typically a LOMA will remove the Federal requirement for the lender to require flood insurance coverage for a property located in SFHA. However, the lender may determine as a business decision or policy that it wishes to continue the flood insurance requirement.

Letter of Map Revision (LOMR)

LOMR (Letter of Map Revision) is a letter from FEMA officially revising the current FIRM to show changes to floodplains, floodways, or flood elevations. Typically these letters are associated with large scale map changes or larger commercial or residential subdivision developments. When a LOMR is issued by FEMA, the affected FIRM will be reissued, physically changing the map to reflect the results of the LOMR.

Letter of Map Revision Based on Fill (LOMR-F)

LOMR-F (Letter of Map Revision based on Fill) is a letter from FEMA stating that an existing structure or parcel of land that has been elevated by fill material would not be inundated by the 100-year flood and therefore is not located within the SFHA. This is similar to a LOMA, except that a LOMA details with properties that have not had any fill material brought in to elevate the structure above the 100-year flood elevation.

Conditional Letter of Map Revision (CLOMR)

CLOMR (Conditional Letter of Map Revision) is a letter from FEMA commentating on whether a proposed project if built as proposed, would meet minimum National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) standards or proposed hydrology changes.

Show All Answers

1. What is a 100-year floodplain?
2. What is a Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA)?
3. Am I required to carry flood insurance?
4. Is my home or business in the floodplain?
5. My mortgage company says my home or business is in the floodplain, but I disagree. What can be done to address this?
6. How do I obtain an Elevation Certificate?
7. When can I develop in the floodplain?
8. What is a Floodplain Development Permit?
9. What is the difference between FEMA designated zones A, AE, X (shaded), and X?
10. What is the floodway?
11. What is a LOMA, LOMR, LOMR-F, or CLOMR?